Monday, October 5, 2009

School Pictures

It's school picture time again. I can remember being a kid and being so exited for school pictures. You got to get out of class and they gave you a comb that you could keep. I know that I am dating myself, but when I was a kid they gave every kid a little cheap black comb so that we all had a chance to comb our hair before we got our pictures taken. It seems so silly now, but I was thrilled by the whole process. It helped that I was a little ham and loved to have my picture taken. Now that it is my children that are being photographed, it reminds me of that feeling of excitement. Getting all dressed up, having your picture taken and then waiting impatiently for the morning when you walk into class and see the pile of big envelopes on your teachers desk. Then when you take them home and your mom smiles so big when she sees your pictures. What a great time of year, Picture Time!

1 comment:

  1. We still got little combs when I was in school (aka last year). Ours were green though, because it was a school color.

    ReplyDelete