Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Presentations and my Grandpa

I really enjoyed class today. It was interesting hearing all of the different ideas about Fahrenheit 451. When we have projects like this, we get to look at the selected reading through the eyes of everyone else in the class. There are a lot of different perspectives! It affords us the opportunity to learn and grow as students, as well growing in our humanity.

My Grandpa used to always tell me that life is about learning. He used to ask me everyday what I learned and he was passionate about this. Although we have had a lot of work in this class, the genuine learning that has taken place has made every second of homework worth it. I can't believe I said that!

He also used to tell me, to never be afraid to change my mind. He said that if you never change your mind then you aren't truly learning and growing. My Grandpa was an amazing man!

No comments:

Post a Comment