Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Volleyball Banquet

My daughter Brittani is a Freshman at Suburban high school. She played volleyball on the JV team this year and last night was the banquet to celebrate the season. It was a lot of fun. It was held at the Wisehaven Banquet Facility. The food was great and after everyone ate, it was time for the awards. The coach wrote a poem about her players and added a little humor to the evening. The girls all recieved their letters and small gifts. The most fun was when the senior girls presented the rest of the players with awards that they called "Most Likely Awards". My daughter received, "most likely to play an entire game with her mouth open", hahaha. I guess she can't focus if she closes her mouth. The seniors each gave a speech and it was really touching. I suppose the best part was seeing the comraderie between the girls and how much they loved the game and each other. I imagine that I will be attending many more of these over the next 4 years. Go Suburban

No comments:

Post a Comment